I am requesting the following Evanston Public Library HR documents related to the Part Time Librarian 1 (18.75 hours per week) position announced by the library in June/July 2019. This position was filled by the hiring of EPL's internal candidate Katherine (Katy) Jacob. The City has failed to comply with my previous requests for documents, so I am narrowing and reframing my request to better accommodate the needs of the Library administration (in denying a previous request the City has claimed that it would produce "7000 pages and an estimated 50 staff hours and multiple staff members to fill"). In fulfilling my request, the Library administration should be aware that I am in possession of information and copies of documents that fall within the scope of this request.
(1) Any and all applications, cover letters, and resumes from job applicants for the above position. Names and other identifying details may be redacted but the documents must be produced.
(2) Any follow-up communications between the library and job applicants concerning any application-related matter, including invitations to interview, references, etc. Names and other identifying details may be redacted but the documents must be produced.
(3) All communications or documents shared between the Library Director, Human Resources staff, department heads, employees, applicants, and any individuals or entities providing referrals, background information, or recommendations, with names and other identifying details obscured as required.
(4) Any blacklist ("Do Not Hire" list) in the possession of the library administration.
(5) All internal EPL emails pertaining to the filling of this position, with names and other identifying details redacted as necessary.
(6) All records indicating that interviews occurred, including any notes, memoranda. or other documents shared or generated as part of the interview process.
(7) All records originating from - or created in response to - outside references provided, background checks, and recommendations including those within EPL or from outside sources.
(8) Any and all additional records of communications arising from the hiring process for this position.
I certify that any records obtained through this FOIA are to be used solely to verify information provided by current EPL employees, and will not be used or repurposed for any commercial purpose as prohibited by the City of Evanston FOIA Policy.